If configured, ‘Force Transactions’ will allow the merchant to re-type in the details of stored/authorised transactions if a ‘MAC Key Reset’ was performed.
Note: You will only see the equivalent ‘Force’ transaction type for transaction types enabled on your terminal i.e. If ‘SALE’ and ‘REFUND’ are the only two transaction types, you will only see ‘Force SALE’ and ‘Force Refund’ transactions in the CNP menu.
2. The ‘Force Sale’ menu screen will be displayed. Enter the sale amount and then press green TICK.
3. Key in the card details from the original receipt then press green TICK.
4. Enter the card expiry date then press the green TICK.
5. Enter the card security code, if known, then press the green TICK.
6. The terminal will request the auth code from the original transaction. Type in the code and then then press the green TICK.
7. Press if the printout is readable; or press to print the merchant receipt again.
8. Press if the printout is readable; or press to print the merchant receipt again.
All ‘Force’ transaction types will NOT go online to the acquirer for authorisation as they have already been authorised.