If your terminal is configured for gratuities the ‘Refund’ transaction flow is as follows after you select ‘Refund’ from the transaction menu as described.
1. Press TICK to submit TOTAL amount. Press CLEAR to change one digit at time or press X to clear the entire amount and enter the correct amount.
2. Present/Insert/Swipe the cardholder’s card or press X to cancel the transaction.
3. The terminal will check the cardholder’s card.
4. Type in your ‘Supervisor Code’ and then press TICK. Press CLEAR or X to correct mistakes.
5. Press TICK if transaction had a ‘Gratuity’ added or press CLEAR if no ‘Gratuity’ was added or press X to cancel transaction.
6. Type in gratuity amount and then press TICK to confirm amount. Press CLEAR or X to correct mistakes. Press X again to cancel the transaction.
7. Terminal will go for authorisation and will display the response from the acquirer.
8. A merchant receipt is printed. Tear off the receipt and press TICK if it is readable. Or press FEED to reprint the receipt.
9. Remove the cardholder’s card from the terminal.
10. If prompted to check signature press TICK if it matches one on the card or press CLEAR if it does not. Press X to cancel the transaction.
11. A cardholder’s receipt is printed. Tear off the receipt and press TICK if it is readable. Or press FEED to reprint the receipt.
12. Terminal returns to 'Idle Screen'.
Note: : If the card used for the refund does NOT require signature verification the cardholder receipt will be printed before the merchant receipt.