The normal sequence of messages displayed during a transaction using a dial connection is:
CONNECTING VIA DIAL,
CONNECTION MADE, PROCESSING NOW,
CONNECTION MADE, PROCESSING NOW
This message indicates the terminal has connected successfully. In this case, the following display will be a response from the acquirer.
If the terminal fails to connect on the first try, it will make two further attempts to connect before voiding the transaction. The screen will display:
CONNECTING VIA DIAL, ATTEMPT 2
CONNECTING VIA DIAL, ATTEMPT 3
One of the following error messages may also be displayed:
The terminal has detected the presence of a line and attempted to dial but is experiencing a problem connecting.
• The line may require a prefix number to dial out on, for example a 9.
• The number the terminal dials may not be working on your phone line.
• The terminal may be connected to a broadband line without a DSL filter.
• A third party call service may be in use on the line.
LINE BUSY, WAIT
The terminal is not detecting a normal dial tone on the telephone line.
• The line may be in use, dead or faulty.
• A telephone cable or adaptor may be faulty.
• The terminal may not be connected or the connection to the line is loose.
Please note: Please ensure you are using the telephone cable supplied with the terminal. Other telephone cables may not be compatible.