If you have trouble with your terminal's internet connection, please follow the steps below:
1. Unplug all the cables from the terminal or charging base. Then reconnect them making sure the connections are firm.
2. Unplug any wires from the plug socket, router, or phone line port. Then, reconnect them, making sure the connections are firm.
3. Soft reboot your terminal following the steps below:
- Hold down the yellow 'clear' button and the 'punctuation mark' button at the same time until the screen goes blue or black.
- The terminal should automatically restart. If it doesn't, press the green 'enter' button until the terminal powers on.
Note: if your terminal has a power button, use it to turn the machine off and on again instead of following the above steps.
4. If your terminal connects via Wi-Fi, repeat the steps for your router and check the terminal is still set up for WiFi
5. Press the Down Arrow button, choose “Control Panel” then “Terminal Settings” then “Comms Means” then “WiFi” then “Switch On”, then “Scan Networks”. If your WiFi provider is present, you will then need your WiFi Pass Key (from your router).
Once these actions are complete, you should see the green WiFi symbol on the top left of the terminal screen. The terminal should now automatically connect to WiFi.