Please note that this option is only available for certain types of business. Please contact ‘Customer Services’ for further information.
If, following a ‘Pre-Authorisation’ transaction, the value of the transaction increases (e.g. because of an extended stay at a hotel) an additional ‘Pre-Authorisation’ transaction will be required.
If your terminal is not configured to automatically perform the additional ‘Pre-Authorisation’, you may have to perform a ‘TopUp’ as follows.
1. Press MENU at the ‘Idle Screen’. Select ‘TopUp’.
2. The Top-Up menu screen will be displayed. Enter the additional amount and then press TICK.
3. Swipe the cardholder’s card into the terminal.
4. Terminal will check the card.
5. Type in the ‘Txn ID’ from original Pre-Auth and then press TICK.
6. Type in the ‘Txn ID check digits’ from original Pre-Auth and then press TICK.
Note: There is NO ‘Signature Verification’ for this transaction type.
The transaction will now continue as a normal ‘Sale’ transaction, except the header will be ‘Top-Up’.